The Choctaw County School System strives to implement programs that are challenging to all students:
All students deserve a high-quality education:
1. Teachers will follow State Courses of Study to establish minimum student performance of course requirements.
2. Teachers will provide rigorous and challenging lessons to meet the needs of all students.
3. Teachers willfully integrate technology into all areas of learning.
4. Teachers will communicate expectations and progress to students and parents.
The administration, teachers, parents, and the community share the responsibility for the success of our students:
1. Parents will participate and support the school.
2. Parents will attend PTA/PTO meetings.
3. Parents will respond to requests for conferences.
4. Parents will be informed of financial responsibilities of students/parents.
5. Parents will support curricula and extracurricular activities.
All students should be motivated to value learning:
1. Students will know why they are in school and come to school with positive attitudes toward learning.
2. Students will cooperate with school administration and staff.
3. Students will complete assigned work.
4. Students will follow school rules.
5. Students will respect themselves and others.
It is the schools' responsibility to insure that students are in an environment that promotes positive learning:
1. The administration and teachers will implement policies and rules consistently and equitably.
2. The administration will promote an atmosphere that respects the confidentiality of students.
3. The administration will monitor and support classroom instruction by frequent visits to classrooms and visits with students.
Success is enhanced when the Board of Education and all employees of the school model high moral and ethical standards along with good character and citizenship.
It is the commitment of the Choctaw County Board of Education to provide a quality education that will produce citizens who are able to live productively in an ever-changing society.
A. Wayne Longmire, Principal
Betty McBride, Principal
Copyright © 2012-2013 Choctaw County Schools